Mobile marketers listen up! If there’s one thing I know it’s this – The mobile landscape changes drastically each and every month. Start becoming a life-long learner and information consumer because that is going to make all the difference in campaign research, implementation and execution over the next 12 months in the mobile marketing landscape.
With that said, Velti has just released their new report – State of mobile advertising June 2012. (Go read it)
The June edition features data on app engagement (by country), carrier market share, publisher eCPMs and device impression breakdown. Find key metrics from our report below, and download it in full, here!
For everyone who suffers from the ADD bug, the summarized highlights include:
- Israel is the global leader for daily time spent engaging with smartphone apps, with the average adult using apps for 80 mins/day.
- The Sports and Games app categories have had the most significant lift in eCPMs since May, increasing by 23% and 20%, respectively.
- iOS has remained the front runner with 62% share of impressions.
- Apple devices continue to dominate total impressions, accounting for 62% of the volume.
- While Sprint was challenging Verizon last month, both capturing 23% of smartphone impressions, this month Sprint (21%) loses share and falls to the third spot while Verizon (25%) continues to grow.